Sunday, November 9, 2008

Travel Wishes - Asia ✅



11/9/2018
I had this goal of going to 6 continents before settling down (I'm skipping Antarctica), and so far I'm doing good: Africa, Europe, N. America, S. America down; Asia & Australia to go...

Asia:
I have visions of going to one of those spas you see pictured in Bali, or maybe it's Thailand ... I would love to have the Eastern/Asian serenity experience 
1/5/2024 update: I made it to Bali and had the full serenity experience! I have been to spas in Sanur and Ubud, plus have visited the Water Palace, the famous temple Lempuyang, and have been on the island of Bangka scuba diving for a week. I also did a live aboard in Raja Amat (scuba diving).

Dubai - I would love to spend even just one night in Burj al Arab, luxury hotel, and go to the water park there and maybe go dune buggy driving and all those things.  
I did a Dubai stopover on the way home from my first trip to Indonesia, coming home from Bali. While I didn't sleep in the Burj al Arab, I had afternoon tea there with gorgeous view of the coastline! I went to a mall and went up the Burj Khalifa. I also went to the Gold Souk. All in all, very satisfying! 

Thailand- I'd like to go to their fabric stores because I love their bright beautiful clothes.  And I like our version of Thai food so I think I might like the food there too.

Maldives - aaah -- I'd love to go there and spend some time paddling around in the water there and sleeping in an overwater bungalo (luxury, hopefully).  The only hangup is that I don't like seafood so I'm not sure what I'd eat.  The pictures of that place just look aaa - divine.
1/5/2024 update: I made it there too! Thanks to a very generous friend who backed out of her trip, I was able to take her place and stay at a lovely resort for 2-3 days before heading off on another live aboard. I did just find with the eating! 

Hong Kong- I want to go there and shop their knockoff section and get whatever else appeals to me.  That would be fun. :-)
Yep - made it there in 2016! I didn't find the knockoff section but I *did* find the stores with loads of pens! 

Unexpected delights: Singapore x 2 now. First time was en route to Raja Ampat. Their airport is incredible! I enjoyed the Botanical Gardens, Orchard section, Gardens by the Bay and their super trees, 13 miles of walking around, a quick sweaty run, and ate at a Mr. Bean restaurant!
Second trip in 2022, I was on the way to Bali and was able to attend a practice session of Formula 1, Marina Bay Circuit!

No comments: